Monday, May 19, 2008

Read Me

Third Person:
As plain and casual as I look today, I’m pretty sure I would not be checked out by another person so closely as this, but here is goes:
Hmmm…another Asian girl: skinny, black hair, with a classical roundish small Chinese face. She hurries across the Red Square, wearing a green stripy shirt with a bow design tightened up in front of her chest. She might have had it for a while, but it looks comfy, attaching to her body closely instead of shaping it with a tight squeeze. On top of the shirt she covers her shoulder with a tiny piece of white top. It ends right below her chest and two pieces of draperies join each other in a knot hanging down. The draperies swing freely as she walks, adding a sense of lightness to her steps.
Jeans and flip-flops—the most popular combo in the early summer, she is certainly well informed of the summery-ness that’s spreading across the campus. Maybe she decides to preserve her excitement of warm weather just a little bit and first observe what everybody is up wearing. Yet she is not afraid to state her anxiety for the real summer to arrive by carrying a bright multi-blue beach bag on her right shoulder.
She pulls less than half of her hair back loosely, two pairs of earrings dangling in the threads of hair: the flower ones on the top have five different colors, small but shining; the silver ones at the bottom matching with the white. Her whole outfit is understated by the first look, yet some tiny details elevate her sensitivity to the season with a sense of subtlety.

First person:
After less than five hours of sleep, it’s Monday morning again. I rubbed my eyes as I climbed down my top bunk bed, peeking out the window. No sunshine today? That crosses off the option of dress or skirt. Better just save for later of the week when I’m thoroughly depressed by all the work piled up as the end of the quarter approaches. But it is summer indeed, maybe a nice shirt with jeans will do? I digged out one of my majorly-worn shirt from last year. It’s been lying in my closet for an entire year as a perfect reminder of some good times from last summer. The design is simple but cute: while and green strips with a bow tight in the front. Then I put on my jeans and a pair of flip-flops, usual and casual.
However, I overestimated the warm weather and was attacked by a breeze of chills right when I walked out of the dorm. After the first class, I went back to my room and put a piece of tiny sweater over the top and tights it ends into a knot. I like the way it flares out my body and tights it all together right below my chest. While the top totally covers up my summery-ness, my multi-blue colored beach bag fits me right into the sunshine. The out-spoken blues balance out my slightly faded green shirt, just like my flowery earrings add colors to the white top. Same as most Mondays, I dress up for no one else but myself, and casual and subtle is always the way to go!

No comments: